The Independent Business Alliance, Keep Saint Petersburg Local, was launched on November 19, 2011 (known as America Unchained Day) by a group of local, independent business owners and concerned citizens who recognize and appreciate the unique character of the Saint Petersburg community.
Keep Saint Petersburg Local is a non-profit organization, affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance (www.amiba.net), working to build a thriving local economy and a unique community. We do this by nurturing connections for and acting as the voice of locally-owned, independent businesses and by raising awareness of the importance of buying local.
Our Goals for Members
- Work cooperatively with government officials to support and promote the interests of Saint Petersburg’s locally-owned, independent businesses.
- Build rapport with key media and government officials to make future reporting and local policies more responsive to the needs of locally-owned, independent businesses.
- Facilitate the sharing of skills and resources (arrange educational sessions and provide opportunities for members to meet via mixers and events).
- Organize group purchases and cooperative promotions.
- Negotiate discounted advertising rates with participating local media.
Our Goals for the Community
- Increase community awareness of the value of doing business with locally-owned, independent businesses.
- Build recognition of the Keep Saint Petersburg Local brand to help the community identify independently-owned businesses in Saint Petersburg.
- Support local non-profit organizations that provide service and goodwill to our community.
Our Values for All
- Success for the independent, local business community
- Community involvement for Keep Saint Petersburg Local and our members
- Collaboration with our members and other community organizations
- Prosperity for the City of Saint Petersburg and its citizens
- Diversity in our membership and our affiliations